I am a writer with the courage to make a story real. Actually, I am many forms of writer – author, biographer, freelance writer, ghost writer and editor, creator and communications consultant, content writer and digital specialist.
My personal writing interests are vested in exploring the healing power of story and the authentication of personal mythologies and experiences. I am influenced by Jungian philosophy and hold meaning and purpose as essential writing values in my genre, creative non-fiction.
My mission in writing is the pursuit of meaning and passionate action – meaningful words are the essence of a meaningful world. My writing has an inspirational quality, an emotional integrity that stems from a narrative based on personal experiences and deep reflection. I am mindful of the details that make life rich, gathering the threads that weave the tapestry of human experience. I value the poetic and see writing as a beautiful way to connect and elevate life. Through our words we stand for what we believe.
I work glocally (global/local) and am a part of the new era in self-created, balanced living. I live with a mountain and a river in the pristine Yarra Valley – writers’ bliss on the outskirts of Melbourne – but my virtual office takes me everywhere.
Aptitudes – As a freelance writer I have learnt that:
- Lived experience is great research – It’s no secret that we write best about what we know.
- Real words connect real people to you (or to your business endeavours).
- Meaning, clarity and conviction are essential writing values.
- An understanding of how people think and be means I can write straight to the heart (and mind).
- What you need is a job done well, but isn’t it great to know you are working on a relationship as well as a task?
Qualifications – I’ve built a foundation over thirty years:
- Graduate Diploma of Arts in Writing – Swinburne University (Masters in progress)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing and Management) – Deakin University
- Diploma of Transpersonal Counselling – Ikon International Institute for Healing Arts and Sciences
- Diploma of Transpersonal Art Therapy – Ikon International Institute for Healing Arts and Sciences
- Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing – GippsTAFE/CAE
- Writing for the Web, InDesign, Digital Photography, IOS Photography
- Certificate in Integrative Medicine – National Institute of Integrative Medicine
- Level 2 Instructor – Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL)
I’ve worked for multinational corporations (that was the 90s after all!) in Marketing Manager and Strategic Marketing roles in Australia and the Asia Pacific. (See my LinkedIn profile for all the details). Then I listened to my soul call and in 1998 started my freelance life bringing value to small and medium businesses that matched my moral and ethical compass. So far it’s working!
My daily ‘research’ encompasses health and healing, story making, motherhood, cooking and nutrition, conscious business, Tribal style belly dancing with Zaar, yoga, reading voraciously, a good red wine, advocacy and positive social action, living authentically, philosophy and a lifelong commitment to learning.
And of course there is writing…
I am interested in revealing the untold tales of women and their souls. In freeing a woman’s voice.
In elevating the feminine.
To craft and be wholly of the feminine in way and word. To ride on the back of instinct and to write.
I look for the spaces in which we may seek our rest.
Where words provide pause.
Where beauty cracks us open.
This is what my own heart seeks most – to be broken by beauty and for words to become the imperfect veins of gold that allow us to weep and let us truly be.
Lindy respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of this land, the Wurundjeri people past and present of the Kulin Nation. She also pays respect to all Aboriginal Community Elders and people, past and present who have held this land sacred and cared for it over generations.
Photo Credit – Angela Rivas of Lunasol Photography for all portraits.